Friday, January 28, 2011

Good Days / Fun Times

Even though my life has been at times unbearable, I AM BLESSED. I am blessed because God never forsakes me. No matter how alone I have felt, He never left me. He listens to my whines and demands. He loves me in spite of all that. I feel that having kids of my own has given me a slight glimpse of His love. You see I l would lay my life down for my children. I would take on undeserved burdens to see them relieved of theirs. As much as humanly possible there isn't a limit to my love for them. Even at their worst, I love them still. Even when they whine and demand things, it doesn't erase my love for them. While I can't pretend to know what it feels to allow my child to die for the sake of saving others, I do know just how it hurts to watch my kids go through a normal everyday life with all the trials and temptations. It isn't easy. Sometimes I have to make tough and not very popular decisions and they don't always understand. I do it because I love them.

I am humbled at His love. A love that knows no depth nor boundaries. He loves and cares for me despite my failings. He makes decisions that are best for me even when I don't understand. He is there for me when everyone else fails me. Tonight I praise him for that. The song that you hear on this post "Sweetly Broken' sums up my feelings pretty well.



That a priceless gift, undeserved life
Have I been given
Through Christ crucified

You’ve called me out of death
You’ve called me into life
And I was under Your wrath
Now through the cross I’m reconciled

No comments:

Post a Comment